26 August 2011

Tanak Kampung

Remember the'carrot' and 'stick' thingy that people use to refer to motivation? Well, I learnt yesterday that 'the carrot' comes in many forms. One of them is this song Tanak kampung by Jimmy palikat:



The year 2 son refused to study for his test. I've tried bribing him with money the day before but it didn't work. Then I heard him trying really hard to sing this song- in Dusun. No doubt, to impress some friends in school. So I asked him whether he would like to revise his three subjects in exchanged of a printout of the song lyrics- in Dusun.

Wow, it worked like magic. He revised all three subjects excitedly, with hardly any complain (except for the sentence "Ayah membeli___ buah durian di pasar" to which he grudgingly said, "I knowlah the penjodoh bilangan is sebiji, but why do you need to put buah durian when you already know that durian is a fruit?).

So we got his lyrics printed out nicely...and we ended up the happy mom and son :)

5 comments:

Small Kucing said...

wow... a good motivational tool. It just shows money doesnt buy everything :)

azamain said...

like this entry, the genius in parenting......:)

Unknown said...

Your child is in year 2 and he is interested in Dusun songs! God bless you.. There's hope for you KDM. I say you KDM because I'm Sino :D. I don't really feel like I'm in the club.

Just make sure your son don't start listening to Justin Bieber's song :P

Verone said...

smallkucing- very true indeed!
azamain- gosh, parenting is really a series of trials and errors huh? :)
justin- it's a fluke...and he is listening to bieber but finds that jimmy palikat has his own charms :)

Gunaqz said...

I listen to this song too. Only because everybody else does. I ikut-ikut saja. ha ha