03 December 2011

A session with Langkawit



Langkawit is a household name in Sabah, at least among the Kadazan/Dusun people. A delightful cartoonist, his cartoons are loved by many including yours truly.

Yesterday I had the chance to finally meet him in person, and it was extra special because he came as a guest teacher in the Kadazandusun class we offer to UMS staff. It was my turn to teach yesterday, so I took the chance to promote his coming to my colleagues, the Langkawit fan clubbers.

So Langkawit came and we had him draw cartoons on the white board for 30 minutes. In line with our theme, 'emotion words', he cleverly drew scenes that involved emotional outbursts and that led to the learning of some very good verbs. The cartoons were just wonderful I didn't have the heart to rub them off the board after the session was over. Next week someone is going to have a pleasant surprise (hopefully!) when they walk in the classroom...

At the end of the session, we had an autograph session. And I am now a proud owner of two latest Langkawit comic books, autographed, naturally!

2 comments:

de engineur said...

Must've been a great time with Langkawit. BTW, does that signed cartoon drawing resemble you in any way. I'm betting my money for a Yes. He is that good.

azamain said...

Langkawit has had his ideas implanted in the mind of readers for a long time. If they could not interpret what the mainstream news is all about and they chance upon his work in the paper, understanding sets in.

you were being permanently inked by langkawit and autographed, nice one !!